This guide is intended specifically for Nikon camera users to set up a wired connection to Zno Instant.
For a more comprehensive article about how to use Zno Instant, which is not camera maker specific, please see How to use Zno Instant.
What You’ll Need
- OTG Cable
- Camera Mount (optional)
- Zno Instant already downloaded onto your phone.
Step 1: Adjust Camera Settings
- Set your Nikon camera power to stay on for the longest time.
- Set the photo format to JPG.
- Check the camera's external connection settings and turn off: Bluetooth, WiFi, FTP transfer, etc (ignore turning off these settings if not applicable).
Note: For Nikon Z series cameras when a USB cable is connected to supported reverse charging phones, the phone will continuously power the camera. A consequence of this feature is that it leads to rapid depletion of the phone's battery. It is strongly recommended to set "USB Power Delivery" to "OFF" in the camera.
️️️If you are using your Nikon camera with cell phone brands such as OPPO, vivo, OnePlus, iQOO, realme, the OTG function needs to be manually enabled. In your cell phone settings, search for "OTG" and then enable "OTG connection." Huawei and Xiaomi phones are enabled by default.
Once you have successfully connected your Nikon camera, you may receive a pop-up authorization. If there is a pop-up asking for authorization for the “album” or “gallery,” you will want to click "Cancel." It’s only when Zno Instant specifically asks for authorization that you should click "OK" (see below).
- ️️️️️️Why can't I connect?
Answer: For wired connection, troubleshoot with the following steps:
- If you are on an Android check if the phone system is above 7.1.1 and that an OTG function is enabled on the phone.
- Make sure the data cable is specifically specced as an “OTG cable.” Just because the plugs on your cable are compatible with both your cell phone and the camera does not mean it’s an OTG cable.
- Make sure you have only selected authorization pop-ups specifically for Zno Instant. Pop-ups for other things such as “album” or “gallery” should not be clicked.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.